The mission of the Vermilion Parish School System is to work together to provide learning opportunities for all children which will enable them to function competently as effective, productive, responsible, and thinking citizens who will make needed contributions for life-long excellence in a rapidly changing world.
The Vermilion Parish School Board is committed to providing the necessary technological tools, technical assistance, and ongoing support to students, parents, and staff which will enable all individuals to develop competitive work skills to become lifelong learners, informed decision-makers, and responsible citizens.
- Every child has a right to the best education possible.
- The educational environment should meet the needs of all learners.
- All children will learn to be learners and want to learn.
- Everyone can learn.
- The education of our children is a total community responsibility.
- We believe in the value of life, respect for all, trust in one another, self-worth, and self-discipline.
- Change is necessary to progress.
- We must embrace our strengths and overcome our weaknesses.
- Everyone is unique.
- Self-respect generates self-improvement.
- A positive, safe, and orderly environment is conducive to learning.
- Educational personnel and parents are role models - they should be good role models.
- Discipline should be firm, fair, and consistent.
- The school must be an agent that will make the world a better place.
- Discipline need not be perceived as a tool of deprivation in terms of self-worth, but as a facilitator in the development of pride in each student.